Chris on the Issues
“For better or for worse, I am not a political insider.”
“Who I am starts with who I am not. I believe that the residents of District 1, like people everywhere, have had their fill of insider, legacy politics, of being governed by a political elite – in short, of politics as usual.
Like everyone in District 1, I would like to make a positive difference in our community. I am not a political insider. This is not a stepping stone for me.”
Chris on Leadership
Western Conservative Values
El Paso County Commissioner District 1 is unique and complex. It is a dynamic blend of rural and urban attributes, concerns, agendas, and values, and it is the focal point of sustained growth as Colorado Springs expands North and East.
- Balancing the competing interests in a diverse, complex district including:
- Land use and development
- Water policy and resources
- Preservation of neighborhood and regional character
- Property rights
- Provide leadership that is grounded in experience, integrity, sound
judgment and trust.
- Re-establish the proper role of government and improve the quality and content of public debate
- Political correctness vs. connect and persuade, not divide and demean
- Solve the I-25 Gap design and funding issues
- Establish balance between the law and illegal aspects of marijuana and its impact on our community
- Find the right solutions to expand and deliver services to our veterans
- Address the availability of affordable housing